Saturday, November 12, 2005

Today is my Birthday

"Today is my birthday" my daughter announced to me right before dinner last night.

I had arrived home from work yesterday and my wife was making dinner. Everyone was in the kitchen and my daughter was telling me that it was her birthday. I was a bit surprised since I know her birthday is on April 24th. My daughter went on to tell me that she had a birthday cake so today was her birthday. She told me that mommy got her a birthday cake.

I tried explaining that she got a "cake" and today was not her birthday, but of course she would have nothing of it. "Today is my day. Today is my birthday because I have a birthday cake" she proclaimed.

The cake was a cheese cake that Veronica purchased when they were at the HEB Grocery store today, at Angelina's request.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home