Friday, November 18, 2005

Seeing Shamu

On Monday September 5, 2005 my wife Veronica and I decided to take the children to Sea World and use the free passes I had. Monday September 5, 2005 was Labor Day. We assumed that the park would be open late just like on the weekend.

As we drove up we noticed everyone was leaving. After asking someone who was leaving what time the park closed we found out it closed as 6:00 pm and it was 6:30 pm as we drove up.

The problem with all of this was that we had told Angelina that we were going to see Shamu, which she calls a dolphin. Angelina was very excited about going, and became very upset when we explained that we couldn't see Shamu today.

My wife and I talked it over and decided we had to go rent Free Willy so Angelina could see the whales. We packed the children back in the car and started driving to Block Buster. However, as we were leaving the park my wife noticed a couple taking pictures by the Sea World sign with two large stuffed animals that just happened to be Shamu. She asked me to pull over.

Veronica got out of the car and asked the couple if they would like her to take a picture so that they could both be in the picture. The said they would like that. Once Veronica took the picture she explained that she needed a favor and asked if they would mind if we took the same picture of our children with their two stuffed whales and gave a quick explanation about why Angelina was upset. The nice couple agreed.

My children at Sea WorldThis is the picture we took that day.

What really was amazing is that after the picture was taken, the couple gave a rubber replica of Shamu to my daughter and fuzzy stuffed animal that was a shark to my son.

I was honestly floored that anyone would be so nice... The fact that they were nice to my children made me really happy and very glad that we had stopped to take the picture for this very nice couple. The whole experience really made me feel good and I don't think I will ever forget this act of kindness toward my children from complete strangers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home