Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving reminds me of a story my parent told me of when I was a young child at Thanksgiving. It seems they had run out of pumpkin pie and I wanted some. Not wanting to disappoint me, my mother scooped a serving of sweet potatoes onto a plate and added cool whip to the top and gave it to me telling me it was pumpkin pie.

My mother tells me I ate it and was happy, not noticing the difference or questioning if it was really pumpkin pie.

What white lies do you tell your children? So far my favorite one was when my wife told my daughter that Chick-fil-A didn’t have chicken to eat when my daughter wanted chicken for dinner. Chick-fil-A also had a play ground my daughter wanted to play on, but my wife didn’t want to eat there so she told her they didn’t have chicken.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home